Summer Research Opportunities for Dental students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothavenue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m a dental student looking to do some research during this summer. I’m going to be starting school this fall and wanted to gain some research experience.
I was wondering if any of you did the summer research program at NIH
( dental related) or know any dental student who has done it? I would love the chance to research and get into this program. Is there anywhere specific that I can look into? How hard is it to get into such programs?
also any other institutes besides NIH that I can look into?? :idea:
Any advice or pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ta

Members don't see this ad.

Toothavenue said:
Hello everyone,

I’m a dental student looking to do some research during this summer. I’m going to be starting school this fall and wanted to gain some research experience.
I was wondering if any of you did the summer research program at NIH
( dental related) or know any dental student who has done it? I would love the chance to research and get into this program. Is there anywhere specific that I can look into? How hard is it to get into such programs?
also any other institutes besides NIH that I can look into?? :idea:
Any advice or pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ta

Hey!

I did the NIH summer program last year. It was a wonderful experience. However, I believe it is too late to apply for the program right now. You might want to check and see if the NIH has any additional opportunities. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Jessica