Summer plans up in the air...what do u think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I just took the MCAT in april...can't really gauge how well i did...i expect anything from a 25-35 :scared:

I would like to take a biochem class over the summer, but i don't know 1.1)what will happen if i end up needing to retake mcat...or if all goes well, 1.2)would class+ working in lab+ applying be a manageable load?

Please chime in and let me know what you think...

Members don't see this ad.

Heya,

I feel like.. just to play it safe... I would probably just stick with a lab job or volunteer for the summer... so that if you feel the need to retake the MCAT... you can hit the books really hard... but that' s just me being my more conservative self.

Hope this helps,

ChyLn

DrSal said:
Hey Everybody,

I just took the MCAT in april...can't really gauge how well i did...i expect anything from a 25-35 :scared:

lol...I feel the same, as for your question it all depends on you, and how much you can handle. I'm gone start studying before I get my score, I'd like to think that I'm doing it to have more time to prepare, but I think in reality I'm doing it so that I won't be as dissapointed with myself when I see my score.

I am not sure about biochem. That's tough course. Maybe pick an easier one.

I am also taking one biology this summer, not biochem though. Also, I am also going to study MCAT starting next week after completing all my applications this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea... i agree, bchm's kinda tough, which is why i'd rather have it crammed into a 6-week period as opposed to drawn out over 3 months along with my other 2 science classes that i'll be taking the fall.

I'd finish the class 4 weeks b4 august mcat.... i dunno..then there's the whole financial aspect of it too. If the prof's teaching in the fall didn't suck so much, i wouldn't worry....

:confused:

I'm in the same boat. I'm taking physiology and botany over the summer. Worse comes to worse (I have the same score predition, 23-33), I'll take it again, but at least physiology and your biochem will help.

I hate it when so many people (nonpremeds) ask where I'm working. You can't pick up a job and still study with full force for the MCAT and write the personal statements and all that fun amcas stuff.

i am taking this summer off. I took a full load of summer classes for the last two summers and I think now I deserve some rest. Also I can concentrate on the AMCAS and study for the august mcat if needed ( if I did bad on the April test).

I am also doing prelimnery research for the fall semester research honors.