summer med biochemistry makeup at drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlifecrisis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been some posts about this but they really weren't clear responses to me. Anyone who has actually taken it, can you let me know the set up are their quizzes before the final exam or practice questions, is it difficult...any advice on taking the course?? thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

I know there have been some posts about this but they really weren't clear responses to me. Anyone who has actually taken it, can you let me know the set up are their quizzes before the final exam or practice questions, is it difficult...any advice on taking the course?? thanks a bunch
I can't exactly give you information because I didn't take the summer class - but the regular Drexel biochem course is very fair and comprehensive. It's based around Lippincott's Biochem review book, often touted on SDN, which was authored by the (past? present? not sure at this point) biochem course director, Dr. Ferrier. There are definitely quizzes and lots of available practice questions. It'll be tough to Honor/HP, but passing shouldn't be a nightmare, especially on a second time around.

How is the final exam for the biochem course? I will be taking the final in a few weeks and I am curious to see how closely it represents the quizzes and practice questions we are provided?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't exactly give you information because I didn't take the summer class - but the regular Drexel biochem course is very fair and comprehensive. It's based around Lippincott's Biochem review book, often touted on SDN, which was authored by the (past? present? not sure at this point) biochem course director, Dr. Ferrier. There are definitely quizzes and lots of available practice questions. It'll be tough to Honor/HP, but passing shouldn't be a nightmare, especially on a second time around.
Ferrier has since retired but she is absolutely wonderful

How is the final exam for the biochem course? I will be taking the final in a few weeks and I am curious to see how closely it represents the quizzes and practice questions we are provided?
Is Jameson teaching it?

Granted i took biochem at DUCOM four years ago, the practice stuff was well represented on the final. I also remember the final not being nearly hard as the rest of the course.

Is Jameson teaching it?

Granted i took biochem at DUCOM four years ago, the practice stuff was well represented on the final. I also remember the final not being nearly hard as the rest of the course.

Dr. White, Jameson and Ferrier are all lecturers for this course. For the quizzes we are currently taking, they mimic the practice questions, but I’m just wondering how representative they are of the final. I’m just worried about how detailed the questions will be considering the final covers all of biochemistry and it is 120 questions.

Dr. White, Jameson and Ferrier are all lecturers for this course. For the quizzes we are currently taking, they mimic the practice questions, but I’m just wondering how representative they are of the final. I’m just worried about how detailed the questions will be considering the final covers all of biochemistry and it is 120 questions.
As i said before, i took biochem with all of them almost four years ago, but i do remember the practice stuff being representative.