Summer Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me+PharmD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good, lucrative internships being offered for the summer? I applied to the USP's summer internship program, but no word yet which means I didn't get the job. I'm with CVS in Atlanta and I think my summer fate lies in their hands, but I don't think that I'm going to be able to get 40 h/week. If you've run across any interesting summer internship programs, feel free to hook a fellar up w/ the info.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know of any good, lucrative internships being offered for the summer? I applied to the USP's summer internship program, but no word yet which means I didn't get the job. I'm with CVS in Atlanta and I think my summer fate lies in their hands, but I don't think that I'm going to be able to get 40 h/week. If you've run across any interesting summer internship programs, feel free to hook a fellar up w/ the info.

What do you consider lucrative?

I got in with CVS's summer internship program. It should be good for getting my intern hours if nothing else. I'll probably go Jr COSTEP with PHS next year just to try them out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the USP internship was $10,000 for 12 weeks, which equates to about $22/hour. Anything greater than $13/hour would be great. I'm looking into Emory's Oncology department because I've recently received an offer to work there during the year and full-time over the summer. CVS, just isn't doing it for me right now, and they're not sure if I can get my hours over the summer.

To Me+PharmD: The USP internship just recently (Friday the 7th of March) sent out acceptances so you may still have a chance. Do you know much about working for USP or any other interns who worked there last summer? The only caveat is that they don't give you housing and it may be tricky to find affordable housing in the area.

My friend who got the USP internship got a telephone call, so if you haven't heard I wouldn't count on it.

I was accepted into Sav-On's corporate internship program - a guaranteed 40 hours/week at a set store and with Fridays at the local headquarters to learn more about the management side of things. I was excited to do the program, but I had to turn it down. They expect everyone to finish the full 10 week course and I'll be having a baby during the middle of it. Kind of a bummer, but life happens!

I've still been promised a lot of hours while I can still work, and the pay will be the same - around $17/hour.

BUT, the application cycle for the Sav-On internships started last October and all the materials were due at the beginning of January.

You missed the deadline for all the good ones by about two and a half months.