summer EM externships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

I'm an M1 thinking of doing EM. I was a finance major in undergad so i have no research experience. . i wanted to do somthing this summer related to make up for that....
are there any em externships for students finishing up their M1 year?

If not, would doin an externship in IM or FP be any sort of advantage or disadvantage? these were offered for this summer by guest speakers at our school... they're probably a lot diff than EM but I wanna be able to show residency programs that i did somthing....

any advice would greatly be appreciated

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Realruby2000

I personally don't know of any EM summer externships, but I'm sure that if you ask your EM department if you could shadow an attending during the summer they would be happy to put you in contact with someone. Another possibility, is to get involved in some level of EM research, this can also be accomplished by contacting your EM department.

I recommend taking some time off to do things you enjoy, and then doing research or shadowing if you want. There are plenty of oppurtunities to get inolved in the EM community over the next few years, but this is your last free summer