Sullivan University c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those of you who got interviews/accepted.

I feel like maybe it is too late to send in my application since my stat isn't all that great...?

:(
if u don't mind me asking what are ur stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How did interviews go for those who accepted one of the earlier dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be canceling my interview for the 4th of November, so hopefully it will leave a spot for someone! Good luck!!

How did interviews go for those who accepted one of the earlier dates?

I think it went pretty well... It was quite different than what I expected. I'm not gonna say what it's like though lol, it's still a competition. :D

Hey guys,

I have a 3.0 cumm. GPA, 3.3 pre-req GPA and about 2.7 science GPA.
I have a lot of volunteering and working experience in a pharmacy and I was also involved in many organizations at my university. I applied sometime in August and I havn't heard anything yet. Do you guys think I have a chance for Sullivan?

I'm still waiting to hear from sullivan, i sent in my application around september. I don't know if they have reviewed my application or they are still in the process. i called paige, she said i'll have to wait and she has no answer for me. But luckily, i got an interview invitation with south university on November 5th, 2010. Does anyone know if sullivan is really slow or they are fast? should i give up on sullivan?

I'm still waiting to hear from sullivan, i sent in my application around september. I don't know if they have reviewed my application or they are still in the process. i called paige, she said i'll have to wait and she has no answer for me. But luckily, i got an interview invitation with south university on November 5th, 2010. Does anyone know if sullivan is really slow or they are fast? should i give up on sullivan?

I applied to South University too but haven't heard anything yet. Do you mind sharing what your stats are?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it went pretty well... It was quite different than what I expected. I'm not gonna say what it's like though lol, it's still a competition. :D
You're not Brent, are you? Cuz I saw someone name Brent on the interview day, mine was 10:30 10/14. I forgot to ask them if we would get the response by mail or email. Did they tell you?

Yep that was me! I would assume they send the letters by mail. Email would probably be considered unprofessional for a letter of this magnitude IMO. But I could be wrong.

Did I see you there? I don't remember, I was kinda nervous and in the interview "zone" lol.

Yep that was me! I would assume they send the letters by mail. Email would probably be considered unprofessional for a letter of this magnitude IMO. But I could be wrong.

Did I see you there? I don't remember, I was kinda nervous and in the interview "zone" lol.

Most schools will typically send an "informal" acceptance notice via email and then the formal one by mail since more than likely that will be a snail mail kinda thing.

Most schools will typically send an "informal" acceptance notice via email and then the formal one by mail since more than likely that will be a snail mail kinda thing.

Last year they just sent the formal one.

oh cool. How long did it take them to send you the formal one?! I am wondering if they notify you by phone first or something as soon as decisions are made because that is what they do at Midwestern.

Lol, yeah my appointment was right after you. I was nervous as hell. Good luck to the both of us. :luck::xf:

Oh OK. Well the waiting after the interview should be fun.:rolleyes::scared:

How long (roughly) did it take for you to get your acceptance letter?
They said it would be 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

Last edited:
Lol, yeah my appointment was right after you. I was nervous as hell. Good luck to the both of us. :luck::xf:

Were you sitting next to me in the waiting room? You were way early lol, you got there before I did!

Good luck. :D

Were you sitting next to me in the waiting room? You were way early lol, you got there before I did!

Yeah. I was 1 hour early. haha

Last edited:
After 4 months of waiting I finally got an interview invite. I got the email yesterday and it looks like they have interview spots open through December

After 4 months of waiting I finally got an interview invite. I got the email yesterday and it looks like they have interview spots open through December

Congrats..what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

sure ms. pharmacist, my GPA is 3.7 and my science portion of pcat is around in the 60 and 70 something percentile, english is around 60 as well, writing was around 3 out of 5. 4 years of pharmacy experience at my local walgreens, 1 year of hospital pharmacy experience, and i did honors research with my microbiology professor, 4 recommendations, treasurer of the honors association in my college and Phi Theta Kappa member.

I also just got an interview invitation from University of maryland eastern shore, my interview date will be on Nov 18th for UMES. They are also 3 years accelerated program. you should also check it out.

hope it's helpful, i'm waiting to hear from sullivan and pacific university in oregon. Did u apply to pacific too? if you did, have you heard from them?

let me know. thanks:)

I applied to South University too but haven't heard anything yet. Do you mind sharing what your stats are?

Thanks

why is sullivan so slow, god i applied to sullivan in mid-september, still nothing yet.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-still waiting
LECOM-ERIE-still waiting
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

good luck everyone, accelerated programs are the best

why is sullivan so slow, god i applied to sullivan in mid-september, still nothing yet.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-still waiting
LECOM-ERIE-still waiting
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

good luck everyone, accelerated programs are the best

Well I applied early July and did not get an interview invitation until early October (as did the others that applied around the same time that I did), so....

Well I applied early July and did not get an interview invitation until early October (as did the others that applied around the same time that I did), so....

thanks, did you apply to any of the schools that i applied to? if so have you heard from them? are you only interested in the accelerated programs?

thanks, did you apply to any of the schools that i applied to? if so have you heard from them? are you only interested in the accelerated programs?

I only applied to 2 schools and the other one is not on your list. Yes, at this point in time I am only interested in the accelerated programs. The first school I interviewed at 2 weeks ago, should be sending out acceptance letters any day now.

what school did u interview at? if so what questions did they ask?

also, my current physics professor sucks, do you know i withdraw from the course and take it in the spring, will pharmacy school view withdraws negatively? i don't withdraw usually, so i wouldn't know.

I only applied to 2 schools and the other one is not on your list. Yes, at this point in time I am only interested in the accelerated programs. The first school I interviewed at 2 weeks ago, should be sending out acceptance letters any day now.

sure ms. pharmacist, my GPA is 3.7 and my science portion of pcat is around in the 60 and 70 something percentile, english is around 60 as well, writing was around 3 out of 5. 4 years of pharmacy experience at my local walgreens, 1 year of hospital pharmacy experience, and i did honors research with my microbiology professor, 4 recommendations, treasurer of the honors association in my college and Phi Theta Kappa member.

I also just got an interview invitation from University of maryland eastern shore, my interview date will be on Nov 18th for UMES. They are also 3 years accelerated program. you should also check it out.

hope it's helpful, i'm waiting to hear from sullivan and pacific university in oregon. Did u apply to pacific too? if you did, have you heard from them?

let me know. thanks:)

I didn't apply to UOP because it's really hard to get accepted to that school and my grades are not as great so there is no point. And I'll look into maryland eastern shore and see if I should apply there too.

Thanks a lot for the reply and good luck !! :)

I didn't apply to UOP because it's really hard to get accepted to that school and my grades are not as great so there is no point. And I'll look into maryland eastern shore and see if I should apply there too.

Thanks a lot for the reply and good luck !! :)

my pleasure to help, you should apply to the eastern shore, it's a new school, the inaugural class was 2010, so we should be the second class. also UOP- are you talking about university of pacific in cali? if so, i heard it's very hard to get in, in fact all UC pharmacy schools are hard to get in. good luck, if you have any question, just PM me

Did they send a big package with all the school stuff or just one letter? Thanks

Delano and others, it took me about 10 days to get my acceptance letter. It was the longest 10 days of my life. But that is what happens when the adcom meets every other Friday. After you interview you get ranked and then the admin com. meets to discuss each applicant and whether to accept/deny/wait list each applicant.

SUCOP sent out a formal acceptance letter which you have to respond to within 5 days of the time you receive it by signing the letter to accept a spot and send your $500 deposit to hold your seat. If you go elsewhere, you lose your $500 deposit.

As school gets closer, they will send out a larger package that contains forms you need to sign including financial aid information and other miscellaneous items for the college of pharmacy.

I believe a books list and orientation information is sent out in a separate package as school gets closer to starting.

Hope this helps.

Wes

Delano and others, it took me about 10 days to get my acceptance letter. It was the longest 10 days of my life. But that is what happens when the adcom meets every other Friday. After you interview you get ranked and then the admin com. meets to discuss each applicant and whether to accept/deny/wait list each applicant.

SUCOP sent out a formal acceptance letter which you have to respond to within 5 days of the time you receive it by signing the letter to accept a spot and send your $500 deposit to hold your seat. If you go elsewhere, you lose your $500 deposit.

As school gets closer, they will send out a larger package that contains forms you need to sign including financial aid information and other miscellaneous items for the college of pharmacy.

I believe a books list and orientation information is sent out in a separate package as school gets closer to starting.

Hope this helps.

Wes
10 days? Wow that was fast! It seems like this year everything gets slowed down, cuz it's been more than 2 weeks for me. Thank you for responding.

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone received an interview invitation from Western New England College School of Pharmacy? I just my invitation today and my interview date will be on december 3rd. let me know people

Hello is anyone going from SoCal to Sullivan's interview on November 11th?

congrats Delano, if u`re accepted into both schools which will u prefer to go to?

Have you heard anything from them yet? I just asked and they said that there is no decision yet. If you are accepted, then they will send you regular mail. But not until later on this month. So I guess that 2-3 week thing doesn't happen after all.

Have you heard anything from them yet? I just asked and they said that there is no decision yet. If you are accepted, then they will send you regular mail. But not until later on this month. So I guess that 2-3 week thing doesn't happen after all.

They told me about 3 weeks and this Thursday will be the 3 week mark. So I would say probably about a week or so after that will be about the time we start hearing something.

They told me about 3 weeks and this Thursday will be the 3 week mark. So I would say probably about a week or so after that will be about the time we start hearing something.
I sure hope so!!!:xf:

Just came back from my interview at Sullivan and it was a little more intimidating than the one at UoP for me. Did my best though. I must say that I am really impressed with the fact that they had a professor who was a transplant pharmacist and that they have rotations and electives in that field. Very impressed especially since that's the specialty I am looking to get into.:thumbup:

Just came back from my interview at Sullivan and it was a little more intimidating than the one at UoP for me. Did my best though. I must say that I am really impressed with the fact that they had a professor who was a transplant pharmacist and that they have rotations and electives in that field. Very impressed especially since that's the specialty I am looking to get into.:thumbup:

Sounds interesting....good luck!!! :thumbup:

How long did the interview last?

Did they tell you when to expect to hear something? Just want to see if it jives with what they told me, since they will probably let everyone from this first wave of interviews know together.