suits the norm for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

accidental

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the adcoms expect interviewees to be in suits?

Members don't see this ad.

i purchased a suit for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also will be wearing one. Might even cut my hair too. :)

This may sound like a dumb idea, but is anybody planning on bleaching their teeth for interviews?

edkNARF said:
This may sound like a dumb idea, but is anybody planning on bleaching their teeth for interviews?

there was a poll a ways back on this one...i think some people did...i didn't though...

Go the suit route. Some adcoms are liberal, but by and large they are old conservatives (at least in their views of what proessional students should look like and behave like). You might as well get as many of your ducks in a row as possible, and that inclues hair-cuts, trimming facial hair, removing body jewlery, etc.

I'll be wearing my SCUBA diving gear for the interview :D This will separate me from the rest of the pack!!!

edkNARF said:
Yeah!!! Don't forget your pedicure and manicure done as well. Am I forgetting anything?...... :rolleyes: Yes!!! -- Facial cleaning :D and tongs...

The reason why I ask is I have a really nice baby blue suit that my dad gave me. It has a few puffy ruffles on the chest and on the end of the sleeves. I was kind of hesitant to wear it but after reading the replies I guess I'll will.

accidental said:
The reason why I ask is I have a really nice baby blue suit that my dad gave me. It has a few puffy ruffles on the chest and on the end of the sleeves. I was kind of hesitant to wear it but after reading the replies I guess I'll will.
The more bling, bling the better :D I heard that gold anterior crowns are big this year

DDS2BE said:
Yeah!!! Don't forget your pedicure and manicure done as well. Am I forgetting anything?...... :rolleyes: Yes!!! -- Facial cleaning :D and tongs...

go ahead and laugh about the manicure, but the office manager where i am a dental assistant says that one of the things she looks for during her interviews for new staff members are clean, nice looking hair and fingernails. she says it tells her if the person is meticulous about themselves then they are more likely to be detail oriented in their work.

i am thinking you can probably skip the pedicure, though :D

don't forget to trim your nose hairs and if you have a unibrow, i would seriously consider plucking...

BioGirl, you won't be disappointed with my appearance :D

busdriver, you just brought up a brilliant point :laugh:

My dad actually bleached my teeth today! :D

Tank tops and flip flops... you can never lose!!! Flex your way in! :thumbup:

I cannot believe this thread still exists on this forum :D

Let me tell you people, during one of my interviews, there was this guy dressed in "american eagle" style shorts and a white shirt and no one among the adcoms gave him a single comment on his appearance :)

i am really dissapointed, that you didn't wear your SCUBA diving suit to case! :laugh:

Biogirl361 said:
i am really dissapointed, that you didn't wear your SCUBA diving suit to case! :laugh:

LOL at Biogirl361 :laugh: ... but I did like your suit, you looked very professional :thumbup: and sorry for disappointing you :p