Suggestions For Apartments Close To Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly18

Hello
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently got into Mercer school of pharmacy and i live in Florida so i have no idea of the kind of apartments available close to the campus. I am looking for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath or possibly a 2/2 does anyone currently living in the area have any suggestions for apartments. Or any one lives a nice apartment complex that they could suggest? Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you look at the online apartment guides? Apartments.com, apartmentguide.com, etc. I have used these twice to rent an apartment long-distance, without seeing the apartment in person. They give you plenty of pictures and often link you directly to the complex's website for even more info.

Some schools can also give you a list of stuff in the area, then you could research them online.

Hi,
I recently got into Mercer school of pharmacy and i live in Florida so i have no idea of the kind of apartments available close to the campus. I am looking for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath or possibly a 2/2 does anyone currently living in the area have any suggestions for apartments. Or any one lives a nice apartment complex that they could suggest? Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You might consider posting an ad in the SDN classifieds section. craigslist can be useful as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I go to Mercer. There are apartments right off campus. A lot of pharmacy students live there. It's called PARK POINT NORTH. There are some more that are close, but PPN is the nicest. I have several friends that live there, and they like it. Also, call the admissions office. They could probably tell you about others.

Good luck, and welcome to Mercer!

GPG09 (or rxlynn if you're around): Do you guys still have the OL mailing list set up where you can look for roomates, etc from your fellow classmates? I thought that was a very helpful feature - wish all schools did that...

if you would rather live downtown and commute up to mercer, then i recommend virginia highlands. there is quick access to the interstate and lots to do. i had a 2 bdr, 1.5 bath, hardwood floor apartment for $700/month.

GPG09 (or rxlynn if you're around): Do you guys still have the OL mailing list set up where you can look for roomates, etc from your fellow classmates? I thought that was a very helpful feature - wish all schools did that...

What Julianne is referring to is a list set up by the admissions office at Mercer. They give a password to all the incoming p1's, and you can post on that list if you are interested in roommates and where you might be interested in living. Some of the returning students may also post on the list if they need roommates. I'm not sure when they will put the list out, but I would assume that they will do it again this year. I know a number of people who got roommates that way.

What Julianne is referring to is a list set up by the admissions office at Mercer. They give a password to all the incoming p1's, and you can post on that list if you are interested in roommates and where you might be interested in living. Some of the returning students may also post on the list if they need roommates. I'm not sure when they will put the list out, but I would assume that they will do it again this year. I know a number of people who got roommates that way.

Yeah, that's what I meant! Sorry I was so vague about it, couldn't remember the particulars for the life of me (I'm getting old :oops:)!!

Edit: Wootwoot - finally made it to 500 posts!!

so how do u like regency square? is it safe and do they have a pest problem like some of the others? I heard that park pointe north has had a lot of breaks in plus like three fires though the fire station is across the road. Is this true?