Suggestions for Alzheimers Disease review article topics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyotardfactory

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently coming up with a proposal for my scholarly project in my master’s program. I found a mentor to guide my interest within Alzheimers disease and dementia.

The mentor suggested doing a review article on the vasculature aspects of Alzheimers disease. I want to base the review around the vascular insufficiency or the angiopathy of Alzheimers disease.

My initial search indicated that this might be worthwhile and the review topic would be contributing something of value to Alzheimers literature. I was wondering, from those who are familiar with Alzheimers research, if the topics I suggested would be worthy of a review article? Or are there other aspects of Alzheimers research that are in more need of a review?

Any suggestions on this matter would be helpful.

Also I read some posts on the website “up to date” regarding Alzheimers disease. Would it be beneficial to contact the authors of the post and try to get their perspective on review article topics? Or is it frowned upon to contact the authors for such means?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I would be interested in advanced imaging PET/PIB/etc in alzheimer disease-specifically the specificity/sensitivity of these tests and their prognostic value.

I would also be interested in a review of the genetics of alzheimer disease and an update on the pathophysiology and ongoing interventional trials.

-soul