sufficient study material?

smiley542

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

im planning to take the oat in a couple of months and someone gave me the examkrackers mcat study package materials...does anyone know if these are sufficient for material review purposes since the same courses are tested on both exams? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend getting the 07-08 Kaplan OAT book for full length practice exams. Taking the full length exams will give you an idea of how long it is so you know what you're up against. That book was the only book I used in my study for the OAT (not including class notes and textbooks) and ended up doing very well on the exam, so I definitely recommend it.

As you probably know already, the real OAT is computerized, so the book may not give you the experience of the 'actual' test, but the length is the same. Hope that helps.

thanks for the advice! i know i will definitely need to do practice tests specific to the OAT, but do you know of anyone who used mcat books to learn content? i dont want them to go to waste since they look pretty thorough, i but can't find anywhere if there is dramatically different focus in certain areas for the two tests that would maybe make it not a great idea to use them...

I would imagine using MCAT books would still be good for study material. I don't know what the MCAT covers, but general chem and organic chem should still be the same regardless. With that said, I don't know of anyone who used MCAT material to study for the OAT. Most are using books or taking a class that I know.