Submitting now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoubleOSeven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even if we submit now, will everything be put on hold until the april 2003 mcat scores come in??

Members don't see this ad.

Probably until afterwards. Many schools don't start reviewing until August, while the April scores come in mid-June. It's still good to get everything in, though, especially since transcripts have a nasty habit of getting lost.

I don't know how adcoms arrange review of the first applications they look at. Perhaps they start with whatever ones were submitted first since there will be a lot of submissions between now and when the April scores come out. Early never kept anyone out of the running!

i mean if i submit and send everything except my april 2003 mcat scores to aacomas, will my app not get forwarded to the schools i'm applying to until aacomas gets my mcat scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the schools get your application even without MCAT scores. You'll be able to check online; AACOM is excellent about showing you exactly when things have been transmitted, or if not transmitted, what remains to be done until they are.

yes...get all the other stuff in and your mcat score will be forwarded when it becomes available. I did this without a problem.

best of luck!

sorry...I really meant no, your application will be forwarded to designated schools with the mcat pending. Again, this was not a problem for me.

Im confused....you guys are able to submit your application now? I thought we couldnt submit until June 1st. :confused:

AACOMAS has been live since May 4, I think.