Submitted OptomCAS App...and of course, missed something.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoodieOD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short: I had some Internet issues at the local coffee shop while working on my OptomCAS application and submitted the entire application thinking that I had included the new class I had added.

Of course, it didn't get submitted. I'm so embarrassed. I am aware of their strict policy that no changes can be made, however I emailed them to mention my circumstances with the spotty Internet reception. Most likely I know they won't care, but I figured it's worth asking before re-submitting my application and spending about $750.

Has anything like this occurred to any one of you? I'm so freaking upset with myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I did that like twice, it's not a big deal. Once you're verified you can make changes. OptomCAS has great customer service if you want to call them to double check.

Yeah I did that like twice, it's not a big deal. Once you're verified you can make changes. OptomCAS has great customer service if you want to call them to double check.

You're absolutely right. They immediately answered my email and allowed me to edit my changes. I'm so relieved. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
what did you need to make changes to? Because i just submitted today, and realized that I accidentally didn't change my personal essay for NOVA. I accidentally kept my draft copy but for all the other 7 schools I applied to I put in my final copy of the essay. Do you think they would let me change just the personal essay component of NOVA?

what did you need to make changes to? Because i just submitted today, and realized that I accidentally didn't change my personal essay for NOVA. I accidentally kept my draft copy but for all the other 7 schools I applied to I put in my final copy of the essay. Do you think they would let me change just the personal essay component of NOVA?

I forgot about the online courses I had signed up for, so I hadn't added them to my transcript entry. Yes, I think it's worth emailing them. I'm sorry for the delay--never got a notification. As for the personal essay component...yes, you'd be allowed once you're given permission to edit your app.