stupid me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulERdoc251

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There was a study posted on here not too long ago that addressed misspellings and their impact on interview invites. The stats showed that those who misspelled a word on their primary application were 20% less likely to receive an interview invite. That number doubled to 40% if an additional word was misspelled in a secondary application, etc. I'm sorry to say, it's really time for plan B in your situation.

Just kidding dude/dudette. Relax. It's no big deal.

Reactions: 4 users
I know that after I read my personal statement like 10 times and had 4 other people look at it, I found a couple of small mistakes still after I submitted. When I got secondaries, I got like 15 of them in like a 8 day period. I know that when I was re-reading them before interviews I found some mistakes...Guess how many times that came up in my interviews? Not once! The adcom's know you are writing a lot of essays and small typos will happen. As long as there are only a few small errors you will be fine. It is quite possible that your error will not even be noticed!

Members don't see this ad :)
My primary application already has some minor grammar mistakes and I was already offered a II this cycle...so I don't think they mind.

1) Take a deep breath
2) CHILL!!!

so question...this is a really stupid error on my behalf;

1. I had small typo on aacomas, couldn't change it as I got verified. Dealt with it, moved past it. w/e.
2. On one of my secondaries, I ironically spelled responsibilities "esponsibilities"

Now I understand that spelling and this type of attention to detail is like crucial as a doctor...but I'm just curious as to how f*#@ed I am for this specific school haha.

Reactions: 5 users