Studying method with Feralis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUC78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to utilize Feralis bio notes to study? How long did you spend studying them and how did you enforce the concepts?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

All depends on how prefer to study. A few ideas:
  • Make notecards of vocab words and concepts you need to memorize
  • Literally rewrite the notes in a notebook (writing helps you memorize things)
  • Read the notes out loud
Also if you are unfamiliar with any concepts I'd say its best to read the whole passage of that specific topic in cliff's rather than use feralis if its your first exposure to that subject.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's how I used them:

After taking my notes for a section (which were really compressed so the minimal information needed was being memorized), I would read them over once, making sure I understood everything. Then I would put the notes away and force myself to recite back what was on them. At first this is going to be pretty slow - line by line and you won't be able to recall all or even most of it. Little by little your retention starts to improve, and you're able to recite bigger and bigger chunks of information without looking at the notes. I would do this for each page of my notes at a time, and once I committed one page fully to memory I moved on to the next. Equally important is that you continue to re-review what you've already memorized to keep it in your head long term. Each day I would try to go back and quickly recite what I had gone through in previous days to make sure I could still recall all of it (again, without looking at my notes but keeping them on hand to glance at and make sure I had actually memorized everything that was on the page) before moving on to memorizing new material that day.

Reactions: 1 user