Studying in Residency (In-Service vs Clinical)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted648625

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following. Any suggestions for M4 planning to apply Urology for sub-I/general urology knowledge/pimping?

Members don't see this ad :)
1) SASP is your best friend here. They recycle questions frequently. Do as many SASP questions as you can and look things up in Campbell's or Wieders as needed.

2) Campbell's has a question book. It's...ok. I'd spend my money on qstream to be honest.

3) Try and make it through the book your uro1 year. Don't stress about it though. If you don't, it isn't a big deal. I didn't until later and passed my ABU written boards this year, first attempt. It's a dense book. You can supplement a lot through the new AUA core curriculum.

4) step 3 is a hoop you have to jump through. Get first aid and study for a few hours and you will be fine. Take it as soon as possible your intern year before all of the peds/IM/FP knowledge is replaced by urologic knowledge.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with above. Qstream questions are a great way to build your knowledge base and prep for boards. Wieders is a good resource to look up specific info on the spot but not a read cover to cover kind of book. As always, read about your cases. Once you have some general knowledge, the AUA guidelines are great to read through frequently, both for your knowledge and because tons of questions strictly are based on them. As for campbells, I actually didn’t use it a ton but found the chapters beneficial for peds.

Reactions: 1 user