Studying Help

HGFitz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting college next fall. I plan to do a pre-medical track, with a minor in Spanish to make my self more well rounded. I will graduate with a 3.8 GPA. I fear that I will not do as well in college as my study skills are not very strong. I have tried books on study skills, but nothing seems to work well with me. Are there tips or suggestions that might help me finish my senior year out strong with good habits?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's never too soon to embrace Anki as your lord and savior.

Reactions: 1 user
@HGFitz
My biggest advice would is don't be afraid to utilize different studying methods for different courses (if you need to). Otherwise if you are struggling and continue to utilize the same method constantly, then you will continue to bang your head against the wall with no improvement. For example, I used to practice Organic Chemistry reactions on a class whiteboard with my lab partner and we would discuss different ways of going about the scenario at hand (this helped for critical thinking on exams). However in a course like Microbiology I would usually just read the textbook and write my notes in themes which organized the content more efficiently for exam preparation. So try to mix and match depending on what works best whether that be flash cards, working in small groups, text book notes, or a combination of all three, it is your time to work at it.

Also, please go to office hours and utilize your resources if you need help, because that can honestly clear up a lot of questions while you're studying as well.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's never too soon to embrace Anki as your lord and savior.

You don't get this joke yet OP, but in 2-4 years you're gonna look back and laugh.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. Sometimes it's not about studying harder but rather more efficiently. But always reach out for help because there are so many people who have been in your place. Not one person will be able to give you all the insight but you can pick up bits and pieces from each one and find your own style.

Reactions: 1 users