Studying for Step 2CK and Primary Care Clerkship Simulatneously

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeJoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, due to some life issues I'm hoping to take my Step 2ck no later than 2 weeks after my last shelf (primary care). 2 Weeks of dedicated study team seems like less than ideal, but I figured it might work if I begin during primary care rotation by usin resources that are more geared towards Step 2CK (e.g. U world, not AAFP). Is this feasible and if so, what resources would work best? Would just studying for step2 after reading a single Primary care text (like Casefiles) work?

It may help to know that I'm hoping to go into psychiatry, though would like to have geographic options i.e. a reasonably high competitiveness. Schools will be able to see my Step2 score since I'm taking a year off. Step 1 score was good.

Much appreciated!
L

Members don't see this ad.

You can buy a practice Step II CK test directly from the NBME for $50 or $60. It's called the Comprehensive Clinical Science Self-Assessment (CCSSA). Do that and see what score you get. If its the score you want, then you are set.