studying abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rogersce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on studying abroad senior year? If you get your apps in before you leave, and you download all your secondaries from the web, can you schedule all your interviews for christmas? If you study abroad spring semester, do most people get most of their interviews done before mid-January? I'd really like to study abroad next year, my senior year, but I'm kinda worried it won't work too well. Basically, can I study abroad next year and still fully compete in the med school admissions process?

Also, I'm thinking about studying math abroad through the programs in either budapest or moscow. Anyone heard anything about these programs or done them?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying right now, and I'll be leaving on for a semester abroad in the spring. My advice is apply early and it's very possible. I applied at peak time (Aug) so I wasn't early but definitely not late. You HAVE to have an April MCAT score though. I have 5 interviews so far, all scheduled before December, and all from schools that I would love to go to. Ofcourse, there is always that chance of getting an interview from my absolute dream school in the spring, but chances are I would only be put on a waitlist at that point anyway. You can always have some money saved up just in case that happens.

Basically, it's your own personal decision if you want to take off during the spring. Definitely possible, but make sure you plan ahead. PM me if you have questions.

anyone else ever tried this????