Study Tips

EmmiLee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When studying for the OAT, is it better to study one section at a time until you think you master it, or should you move and skip around? I am trying to go over the biology section, but would it be wise to just finish going over that first, then move on to something else, or devote a little time for each different subjects per day.

Members don't see this ad.

When studying for the OAT, is it better to study one section at a time until you think you master it, or should you move and skip around? I am trying to go over the biology section, but would it be wise to just finish going over that first, then move on to something else, or devote a little time for each different subjects per day.

I think you could skip around with a slated and proper order. For instance, I would spend a few days just on cell and molecular biology, then move on to thermodynamic on GChem where I could relate with some of those stuffs I learnt from Bio like free energy. I would probably go ahead and get the same topic covered for physics. Doing this would help create a firmer grasp on the sciences. But, you need to be flexible with this method, and the idea is to make sure you study everything productively. Best.

I'd recommend going through one section at a time. I don't like studying all sorts of different things at the same time because facts become jumbled up. I used this method and it seemed to work well. Then, when you are finished going over all individual sections, try out a full length practice exam to see how well you understood the material. Then go back and review the foggy concepts.