Study resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSatan

Satan, M.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for how to study neurology that's not just read up on your patients?

I have a localization book that has basic information on diseases as well, but I don't do well just reading to learn. Are there any good flashcards or question banks people use? I'm only a PGY-2 but I'd like to really get a good foundation this year.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

PGY2 here. Aside from the continuum books, I do Blumenfeld’s neuroanatomy through clinical cases and Merritt’s. The former is an excellent easy read book. The latter is a more dense/boring book that can be used as a reference (I use it to read about cases I encounter for the first time).

Reactions: 1 users
Mayo Clinic board review book/series. Question banks: Neurology for the boards and wards by Cheng Ching was good. When studying for the boards I used BoardVitals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mayo Clinic board review book

May I recommend the following resources...

1. DeJong's Neurological examination --- for localization
2. Top 3 Differentials in Neuroradiology by William T. O Brien Sr.
3. Fenichel's Clinical Pediatric Neurology
4. Neurology Pro( App on iOS Neurology Pro)for quick differentials and references
Neurology Pro (android)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mayo Clinic board review book/series. Question banks: Neurology for the boards and wards by Cheng Ching was good. When studying for the boards I used BoardVitals.
I have access to the "Comprehensive review in clinical neurology" question bank by Cheng Ching, but it's the 1st edition (2011). Do you know if it's worth buying the new edition?

To be honest I don't know. I used the 2011 and for what it's worth I did fine.