Study Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kremlar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, for those of you who have taken the DAT already... I have 3 resources available to me, Kaplan blue book(w/cd test), Ace and Topscore... Which do you think is best to use to prepare for each section? I know topscore gives you the best feel of what the actual test will look like format wise, but I am refering to material wise (similar type/difficulty of questions)Thanks for your help...

Members don't see this ad.

Here is what worked for me:

I made detailed outlines from the Kaplan blue book for all the sections (bio/chem/ochem/math) and reviewed them every day. As I did practice problems or exams and came across material I did not know or got wrong I would add it to my outline and continue reviewing it.

I recommend using DATachiever, first go through the PAT test, then review your answers on your own by taking as much time as you need (note the questions to which you end up finding a better answer) and ONLY THEN check the 3D model and look at the answer key. This way really trains your brain, you will see an improvement by your 3rd exam.

Don't try to figure out what is best for what, focus on knowing the material and doing as much practice as you can. There are two more practice exams at the end of Barron's book. You can buy it, take the exams and return in to most book stores (just make sure not to mark up the book).

Good luck.