Study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrek82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My apologies if I am posting an often discussed topic, but are there any good resources for a medicine resident on an IR rotation in terms of standard procedures, approaches, imaging modalities? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My apologies if I am posting an often discussed topic, but are there any good resources for a medicine resident on an IR rotation in terms of standard procedures, approaches, imaging modalities? Thanks!

I would say the best overall text (albeit a little more detailed than you'd need) is the Kandarpa Handbook of IR procedures. It's less detailed than Kaufman and Lee's the requisites, but should get you more than what you need. That said, if you're a medicine resident doing 1 rotation, see if any of your IR faculty or fellows have a copy you can borrow. It's a pretty popular text in the field so I'd be surprised if nobody had one lying around

I would say the best overall text (albeit a little more detailed than you'd need) is the Kandarpa Handbook of IR procedures. It's less detailed than Kaufman and Lee's the requisites, but should get you more than what you need. That said, if you're a medicine resident doing 1 rotation, see if any of your IR faculty or fellows have a copy you can borrow. It's a pretty popular text in the field so I'd be surprised if nobody had one lying around
That's great, thanks! I didn't even know where to start looking author-wise unlike my standard rotations.