study for a week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rals

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody studied for a week and done well?

Members don't see this ad.

I just reviewed some basic orgo and bio concepts and took it. I put no more than 2 weeks of studying in. I did well enough to get accepted.

Biology 17 | PAT 17
General Chemsitry 20 | Quanative Reasoning 20
Chemistry 17 | Reading Comprehension 27

TS 18 AA 20 PA 17 BIO 17 GC 20 QR 20 OC 17 RC 27

depends on how fresh the material is to you. If you remember everything from bio, orgo and chem, maybe you can do well with 2 weeks of studying. 1 week is extremely unrealistic IMO especially if you have never done any of the PAT section. Math and reading, you can get away with little practice, but PAT you need alot of practice to do well. I don't even know why you would want to take the exam with only 1 week of studying. It's probably the most important exam in your life.

Members don't see this ad :)
INFNITE said:
depends on how fresh the material is to you. If you remember everything from bio, orgo and chem, maybe you can do well with 2 weeks of studying. 1 week is extremely unrealistic IMO especially if you have never done any of the PAT section. Math and reading, you can get away with little practice, but PAT you need alot of practice to do well. I don't even know why you would want to take the exam with only 1 week of studying. It's probably the most important exam in your life.

because i wanted to take it after spring break and have that week to study.

orgo is not at all fresh (took it a year ago), pat i'm fine with, i guess i'd need to go over chem in a week.

i'm probably nuts... but i'm a procrastinator too.

rals said:
I only studied for 1 day and did well. :D I recieved interview offers from every school I applied to....

rals said:
This is definitely possible as long as you have paid attention in your science classes. I managed my scores by studying under 20 hours over a weekend, but i worked my butt off in all my undergrad

L8DYV said:
i studied just one week, scored above 20 in all sections!!! It is possible! ;)

Wow, that's really good. We're going to have lots of smart ppl at UCLA.

I studied casually for a few months, reviewing a couple of hours of Kaplan a week. But I studied hard the day before and did fine, except for the PAT. I wish I would have practiced that a lot more.

MC4 said:
I just reviewed some basic orgo and bio concepts and took it. I put no more than 2 weeks of studying in. I did well enough to get accepted.

Biology 17 | PAT 17
General Chemsitry 20 | Quanative Reasoning 20
Chemistry 17 | Reading Comprehension 27

TS 18 AA 20 PA 17 BIO 17 GC 20 QR 20 OC 17 RC 27

You're a Fu@&ing Genius! :thumbup: