Student Mothers

XEVER

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am currently preparing for dental school. I just got married this past December and have been trying to plan the next five years of my life. Being a wife and full-time student must be hard, although according to the general consensus "everyone does it". My husband and I are thinking about having kids, however, I'm not sure how well that will go being a full-time dental student. Is it really doable?? Are there any mothers out there who are juggling being a wife, mother and dental student?? If any of you are out there please shed some light on how you deal with everyday life!! Is it worth the struggle and pain??

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am currently preparing for dental school. I just got married this past December and have been trying to plan the next five years of my life. Being a wife and full-time student must be hard, although according to the general consensus "everyone does it". My husband and I are thinking about having kids, however, I'm not sure how well that will go being a full-time dental student. Is it really doable?? Are there any mothers out there who are juggling being a wife, mother and dental student?? If any of you are out there please shed some light on how you deal with everyday life!! Is it worth the struggle and pain??

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

you didn't say how old you are, but if you're just out of college (or close to it,), my inclination would be to wait. it's not like medical school where you know you've got at least three years (likely more) of residency right after school which is going to be more grueling. as a dental student, you will have the option to start work pretty much immediately after your schooling is done. you'll have a real salary and much more control over your hours. four years isn't that long (provided you're not already 30+)