Student loans can now be discharged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Moving to Financial Aid, seeing as many people - i.e., dentists, podiatrists, optometrists, and not just medical residents - have large loans.

Moving to Financial Aid, seeing as many people - i.e., dentists, podiatrists, optometrists, and not just medical residents - have large loans.

and surely those many people will now see this. NOT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shirking responsibility, eh?... You're welcome for carrying you on my back as a loyal taxpayer!

Shirking responsibility, eh?... You're welcome for carrying you on my back as a loyal taxpayer!

And it is ok to bailout banks who have wrecked havoc on the economy of this country? You should apply for a job as a spokesman in the financial industry. And after making jack squat on clinical rotations (actually having to pay for that "privilege") and being grossly underpaid all throughout residency, I am actually OWED money at this point. So you can take your moral judgements and shove it.

The delicious logic in your post will now shut up anyone who tries to blame the individual when the banks are far more harmful to the economy without any repercussions....in fact, they are rewarded with bailouts!

And it is ok to bailout banks who have wrecked havoc on the economy of this country? You should apply for a job as a spokesman in the financial industry. And after making jack squat on clinical rotations (actually having to pay for that "privilege") and being grossly underpaid all throughout residency, I am actually OWED money at this point. So you can take your moral judgements and shove it.

and it is ok to bailout banks who have wrecked havoc on the economy of this country? You should apply for a job as a spokesman in the financial industry. And after making jack squat on clinical rotations (actually having to pay for that "privilege") and being grossly underpaid all throughout residency, i am actually owed money at this point. So you can take your moral judgements and shove it.

amen!!!

I'm against bailing out banks, too... And car companies. I'm also against bailing out people who willingly decide to take on debt with the theory that forecasted income will offset the debt (i.e., physician's salary).

You honestly don't find anything morally wrong with declaring bankruptcy to erase student loans?

The difference is the physician goes on to work and pay HIGH taxes for 2-40 years whereas corporations continue to shirk taxes and accept bailouts without any consequences.

I'm against bailing out banks, too... And car companies. I'm also against bailing out people who willingly decide to take on debt with the theory that forecasted income will offset the debt (i.e., physician's salary).

You honestly don't find anything morally wrong with declaring bankruptcy to erase student loans?

The difference is the physician goes on to work and pay HIGH taxes for 2-40 years whereas corporations continue to shirk taxes and accept bailouts without any consequences.
We agree 100% that taxpayers should not be bailing out private corporations.

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not I should pay for your medical school.

The only way to erase student loans is death.

Anyway, if medicine becomes public then it is natural to have medical school paid for. Reduced reimbursements will cause an even greater shortage of primary care physicians.

We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not I should pay for your medical school.

Well if doctors are working as public servants (public health care).. then 100% tax payers should be paying for their education!!! (and maybe their malpractice insurance as well!)

Well if doctors are working as public servants (public health care).. then 100% tax payers should be paying for their education!!! (and maybe their malpractice insurance as well!)
I agree completely that if the U.S. instigates socialized health care, then tax dollars should pay for medical school education.

I agree completely that if the U.S. instigates socialized health care, then tax dollars should pay for medical school education.

I am more comfortable with you, premeds, paying for my education.