Student Debt Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What was or will be your total student debt amount upon graduation? (Including undergrad)

• <$50k

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • $50k - $100k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100k - $150k

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • $150k - $200k

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • $200k - $250k

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • $250k - $300k

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • $300k - $350k

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • >$350k

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

F00T&ANKLE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The cost of a medical education has skyrocketed for the newer generation of physicians. Feel free to comment on why your debt is high or low, and how soon after residency you realistically plan to pay it off.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The costs have increased at a rate exceeding reimbursement which should act as a deterrent for people to enter the field. I was a non-traditional applicant for school and worked very hard an diligently prior to school. This dedication allowed me to enough to cover all of my expenses during school. Looking at medicine it is an amazing opportunity that requires a lot of sacrifices. Not having a life for 5 years and saving was a large sacrifice. However, debt free and now almost at the end of the tunnel it really paid off.

Make sacrifices by managing your money appropriately: don't take vacations you can't afford and buy things you don't need. Living beyond your means is a sure way to keep yourself in debt.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app