Struggling with C/P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calizboosted76

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am struggling pretty bad with C/P. I began remembering formulas for physics and my score went up by 1 or 2 points (Cant remember). I just began to memorize my Amino Acids and will be taking another practice test on Thursday. I am thinking about ordering the Exam Krackers 1001 question book. Has anyone used this and had any success with it?

Members don't see this ad.

order the TBR chem and phys books. Should see a large increase. EK 1001 I found unhelpful. TBR will make you understand the concepts which is 90% of the section

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
those should work fine, just work through a chapter a day or so and your score should take major boost!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the tip! I scored a 497 on my AAMC FL 1 and realized I was no where near prepared so I pushed my exam out another month from when I planned to take it. If I am still not scoring where I want to be (505+) in the next two months I will be postponing my application until next cycle.

1. If you're scoring under a 500 its most likely a content gap. You should download Anki and learn how to use it. Anki will make sure that every detail you enter into it will be committed to memory, so its a strong tool to increase your score a solid chunk. Will help you memorize everything from mitosis, to physics formulas to psychological theories.

2. Do UWORLD if you havent yet and have time, its a Great investment. the passages are great and will help you understand AAMC a lot better.

3. If reading is an issue, pick up a book and start reading it. Reading at a fluent pace will help you with your timing. It will also help you with visualizing what you read, which is helpful on every section of the mcat. Read a 300+ page book in 3 days and you'll work much smoother through all the passages.

1. If you're scoring under a 500 its most likely a content gap. You should download Anki and learn how to use it. Anki will make sure that every detail you enter into it will be committed to memory, so its a strong tool to increase your score a solid chunk. Will help you memorize everything from mitosis, to physics formulas to psychological theories.

2. Do UWORLD if you havent yet and have time, its a Great investment. the passages are great and will help you understand AAMC a lot better.

3. If reading is an issue, pick up a book and start reading it. Reading at a fluent pace will help you with your timing. It will also help you with visualizing what you read, which is helpful on every section of the mcat. Read a 300+ page book in 3 days and you'll work much smoother through all the passages.

I believe my main gap in content knowledge comes from the formula and the amino acids. I am going to definitely invest into Uworld.

Reactions: 1 user
I have TBR chem and Phys from the old MCAT.

With literally thousands of TBR chemistry and physics books written for the new MCAT floating around for sale used (we released them in early 2016 and roughly 3000 went out each year since), why are you using the old ones? The new books have hundreds of new passages and only topics that are tested on the current MCAT. About ten percent of the questions in our old Chemistry and Physics books are no longer covered on the current MCAT. The older books are very good at teaching you concepts and clever mnemonics, but you have better versions of our books floating around in both the used books market and through us directly. If you are trying to save money, look at SDN classifieds for used books. They come up often. You can also find used TBR books at amazon, but nearly all of them cost more than what they sell for brand new.

Last edited: