Strong upward trend, in post-bacc, doing very poorly in one class this semester, W?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floaty_bee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did terribly my freshman year but got progressively better every year for a 3.3 out of college. Currently taking post-bacc coursework, entering my third and final year of it. I have one A- and the rest are A's. One upper-division (non-prerequisite) science class I'm taking this year is not going well; even getting a B already seems unlikely. Will taking a W hurt more than getting a B or, more likely, a C in this class? In undergrad, I took two W's a year apart almost a decade ago, so I don't think this would constitute any sort of worrying trend. From what I'm seeing, the W seems the best course of action but wanted to confirm in case I'm missing something crucial.

I understand what I did wrong in my initial approach to the class and there were some extenuating circumstances but they were hardly as intense as some of the reasons I've seen posted here. I'm going to give the class a little more time and redouble my efforts but if a C seems to be in my future, should I withdraw from the course?

Also happy Valentine's Day, things are going well <.<

Members don't see this ad.

OK, thank you. It's easy to catastrophize when things take a turn, good to know the sky isn't falling even if it may be bending down a bit more than usual. I'll keep doing my best and learn from this experience.