Stritch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MErc44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Loyola screens for secondaries? If they do how much? I'd like to know my chances of getting an interview. While we're on the subject does anyone have any opinions on the school from interviewing there?

Members don't see this ad.

yes they do

i believe around 70% receive supps

I interviewd a few weeks ago and was just blown away. The facilities are top drawer, everything is brand new and the whole builiding is rigged for wireless internet. My interviewers were great, the staff was great. Everybody was so cool, the Dean will sit down with the group of you and know exactly who you are, where you're from, and something interesting about you that she can relate to Stitch (i.e. "Oh you're Matthew45 from X University, I remember that you're interested in medical ethics, you should go around the corner and see Dr. So and So, he's the chair of our ethics committee).
Biggest thing though, every student I saw seemed ecstatic to be there. We kept asking students to tell us the "negatives" of going to Stritch and all they could come up with was that it was private school tuition.
About the whole "not exactly in Chicago thing." From the time I got on a train in Brookfield (which is by Loyola Med) to the time I was sitting on the top of the Hancock building drinking Sidecars with my buddy was about 30 or 40 mintues.
If they ask you to interview, definitely check it out.

MJP

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary and did NOT get an interview. I have an MCAT of 33N and a GPA of 3.6 (Science 3.3) and I'm an Illinois resident.

Yea I just interviewed there and it was great. One of my top choices now.

nor2themax..i have similar stats..may be i won't get an interview...
man this sucks...

Pre-money,
I have lower stats than both you and nor2themax and I got an interview. pm me and I'll give you the low-down. I think they may be interested in breadth of experience as well as, if not more than, just numbers.

Originally posted by pre-money
nor2themax..i have similar stats..may be i won't get an interview...
man this sucks...

Don't count yourself out just yet! It's more than just Stats; I just received an interview invite from Stritch and I have an MCAT score of less than 30. I think that my LORs and EC's are helping me out a lot, despite a sub-30 MCAT.

Keep the faith! :cool:

Regarding stats and Stritch. My first interviewer said something like "You'll probably have alot of schools wanting you" and he hadn't even seen my stats (pm me if you want to hear them). This leads me to believe that they put alot of emphasis on LORs and ECs. The students also seemed to think that a November interview was pretty early for Stritch...

MJP

hey
I also got invited for an interview at stritch and I have below 30 MCAT- I think that the trend is right- they are not just looking solely at MCAT scores
I am really excited but at the same time anxious b/c this will be my first one- I am going there next week! anyone else going to be there?
matthew45- I PMed you

hey guys, congrats on your interviews!!!
I have a question for those "sub-30 MCAT" people who got interviews...do you mind PMing your actuall score? I personally don't think that a 29 or 28 MCAT score is any different than a 30 MCAT score....but a 24/25 is....so if you got an interview to Stritch with a 24/25 MCAT then I can start believing that Loyola is more than just numbers :D thanks for the info guys.

I have been complete at Loyola for about 2 weeks now, and although I know that my GPA is strong now (after postbac ) Undergrad Science 3.3, Post Bac 3.8, I know that my MCAT is still weak (****--en verbal!!!) thanks for the info.

I chose Loyola over another Chicago area hospital for volunteering because the people at Loyola were really helpful and friendly. I've consistently heard positive things about Loyola atmosphere, attitude, helpfulness, etc.

Does Stritch have any scholarships? I haven't read about any online.

just wanted to bump this thread to the top
is anybody else interviewing there this weekend?
ahhh, i can't stop thinking about it!

Biff..

I know what you mean! It is seriously one of my top choices!! So much good stuff going on there. I LOVE it! See you there!

~AID

P.S. Keep this thread alive!!

For the people who are waiting for interviews... I filled out my secondary long ago and called last week to check on my status. They said my application had been reviewed once already, but will be reviewed again after the holidays. I'm sure there are a bunch of us in this category, so hopefully we'll hear something in Jan.