still waiting for 2007 entry.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychoclops

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone on this forum who has yet to hear from Irish medical schools they applied to? I applied to RCSI (4 yr program) and UCD and still have not heard anything from either school. Does this mean that I am probably going to be rejected? My GPA is 3.44 nd MCAT is VR: 9, BS: 12, PS: 10. WR:O. The wait is killing me!!! I would really like to hear from someone who hasn't heard back from any of the Irish schools they applied to, or anyone else actually.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually going to start the same thread... I applied to Trinity and UCD and have not heard ANYTHING back from either school. From reading posts from last year i've gathered that some people did not receive acceptances until as late as July, but this makes me question whether anyone has had to wait that long for rejections. Also, considering that all the admission committees are behind this year i'm guessing that we may not hear until as late as August.

Personally, i'm finding the wait torturous, i hate for the decision about my future to take so long to come to me... but i guess there is absolutely nothing we can do to change this. Best of luck to those still waiting!

i applied to all 4 schools. i havent heard anything from rcsi, ucc or ucd, i got the no thank you from trinity last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I should also add that i applied late (by the February 1st deadline). Did you guys apply in the Fall?

I should also add that i applied late (by the February 1st deadline). Did you guys apply in the Fall?

I applied in the fall and have not heard a darn thing from anyone.

It's torture.

I applied in the fall and have not heard a darn thing from anyone.

It's torture.

Amen. Torture is right! I'm so relieved to see this thread, thanks for starting it up 'Psychoclops'.

I applied to all four (January '07) and haven't heard anything, positive or negative.

Let me know when you hear something guys, and I'll keep you posted too.
Have a good weekend and try to keep your mind off the mailbox:D
:luck:

When I applied a couple years ago I didn't hear anything until early July... but I hadn't written the MCAT until May so they were waiting for my scores to be sent in in June I think.

But no news is better than bad news! But yeah, the wait SUCKED. Try not to think about it too much!

The rumor seems to be that RCSI will offer a second round of interviews at some point. Has anyone heard anything about that?

It seems that a bunch of people have interviews on May 19/20, but they all seem to be connected to RCSI Bahrain somehow.

I am certainly a little relieved to find others in the same position as me! Mr. Keenan wrote in reply e-mail that there are in fact 2 rounds of interviews in May and June for RCSI. 50% of students will be accepted from each round. I guess I'll keep hoping and praying that the news is good. Good luck to you all!

OK. I'm not saying that I EXPECTED to hear anything today. But I wanted to.

Forge on, fellow waitlisters!

It sucks that we're all "patiently" :eek: waiting for responses, but my theories of misplaced applications and lost mail have been put to rest (for now). Thanks for starting this thread!! I haven't heard anything since the email from Mr. Keenan a few weeks ago stating that I'm not "one of the many" people who have been sent rejections. Trying to believe in this "no news is good news" idea, but waiting sucks!! I applied by the late deadline as well, but that doesn't sound like it's a huge factor anyhow. I do know of a few people who have Ireland acceptances and who will likely get into Canadian schools...so hopefully there will be more Ireland news coming after May 15 when the Canadian schools send out offers...:luck: :luck:

I applied to Trinity, UCD, and RCSI (4 year program) by the early deadline...
I got accepted to Trinity in April...I haven't heard anything from UCD or RCSI though...I emailed the Atlantic Bridge about the second round of interviews for RCSI, and I was told that they were being held in May/June, and that we would be given at least 30 days notice before the interview date....I don't know if this will actually happen since a friend of mine applied last year, and they told her that she had an interview only 6 days before the actual interview day!
But, if this notice is true, then I feel like we should hear no later than June 1st...but don't take my word for it!

Does anyone know how many nonEU students RCSI accepts in total?

Another week has gone by and still nothing!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected from Trinity today, but still nothing from UCD.
Hang in there guys!! :luck:

I got rejected from Trinity today, but still nothing from UCD.
Hang in there guys!! :luck:

Sorry to hear that...but it only takes one... :luck: :luck: with UCD. Hopefully the good news will start rolling in for all of us soon!

I still haven't heard anything from any of the four ABP schools!!! Anyone else in the same boat?

Sorry to hear that...but it only takes one... :luck: :luck: with UCD. Hopefully the good news will start rolling in for all of us soon!

Thanks Beeper! Good luck to you as well!! I'm now appreciating that hearing nothing is not such a bad thing after all... rejections aren't fun. :)

OK guys I've been away for 3 weeks and came back to find nothing! Got a Trinity rejection a while ago but NOTHING from RCSI, UCD, or UCC!

EverydayI walk toward the mailbox with sooooooo much HOPE!! And everyday, NOTHING! I don'tthink the relationship between my mailbox and I will ever be the same.:mad:

Oh i feel your pain!! I'm glad to hear i'm not alone in the eternal wait!
Has anyone spoken to ABP recently? Any news on when the second round of decisions will be made?

Thanks Beeper! Good luck to you as well!! I'm now appreciating that hearing nothing is not such a bad thing after all... rejections aren't fun. :)

Thanks Coccinelle! I was talking to some friends who also applied to Ireland schools and they haven't heard anything either. I haven't talked to the ABP in quite awhile. It usually takes me a bit of build up before I have the nerve to send an email. I prefer no news to bad news!:scared:

Hey gang,
I finally heard back from a couple schools yesterday!!! Rejected from both RCSI and UCD, but I don't really care as I've decided to head to the US. Just nice to finally know either way! Best of luck to all those continuing the agonizing wait!

I STILL haven't received ANYTHING except for a Trinity rejection in late April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on????

I STILL haven't received ANYTHING except for a Trinity rejection in late April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on????

I'm in the same shoes as you!! Sooooo frustrating!!!! Has anyone called ABP recently?

Still no news..........i e-mailed ABP and Mr. Keenan told me that RCSI is conducting a second round of interviews in late June/early July. Hope something comes up soon!

I think Keenan is referring to RCSI-MUB.
There interviews are scheduled the weekend of the June 30-July 1.

Do they generally admit NA students pretty late? If so it might be a good thing if you want more grades to be visible to them.:D

Heard back from ABP..... I got rejected from RCSI :( Man rejections hurt. Good news is there's still nothing from UCD!

Hang in there psychoclops! Rejections suck, but there's still hope! :)

There was a second round of RCSI (Dublin) interviews June 30th in NYC.

Those results were sent out within two weeks of the interviews.

this is getting kind of insane eh. i was in costa rica for 2 months expecting to get an email while i was gone from the familia, but still nothing from ucc or ucd