Step2 Score Report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TommyPickles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should just wait until tomorrow to consider anything. I'm also getting my Step 2 back tomorrow, did well on Step 1, and feel much worse about Step 2. From what I hear it's normal to feel worse after Step 2, and I know people who got 250s, 260s, even 270s who felt bad about it. I'm sure you did great. Good luck!

Last edited:
I got mine back today too. Dropped a few points, but both scores are in the 250s. I know the scores are good, but programs won't care about the drop right? (percentile drop is significant) I didn't blow it off, I just thought it was a much harder test, though I expected to get a little higher.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine back today too. Dropped a few points, but both scores are in the 250s. I know the scores are good, but programs won't care about the drop right? (percentile drop is significant) I didn't blow it off, I just thought it was a much harder test, though I expected to get a little higher.

You'll be fine.

^Meh. I dropped a couple points on Step 2, with good scores on both still, but I understand the worry. Maybe it's a question better posed to a mentor/adviser than on this site since people get offended. My MCAT was average, but I understood why my friends prepping at 40+ felt let down by a 35. I didn't get offended by their worries and I don't think this is very different.

They won't care at all. I promise. With a pinky swear.

Dropped 15 points on step 2 vs step 1. Haven't released it. How bad will this look if it comes up later before match?

Curious as well if they bring up step 2 scores in interviews frequently.

Doesn't matter unless you totally bombed it

on a related note, if you did want to publicize your step 2 score, what's the most effective way to do so? will programs see it if you just update your SF match profile?

Reactions: 1 user
on a related note, if you did want to publicize your step 2 score, what's the most effective way to do so? will programs see it if you just update your SF match profile?

At this point I think you would need to update programs individually. Of course you can update your SF match profile, but I'm not sure how many programs will even see the update now that it's mid-October. Was your step 2 score a substantial improvement from step 1?

At this point I think you would need to update programs individually. Of course you can update your SF match profile, but I'm not sure how many programs will even see the update now that it's mid-October. Was your step 2 score a substantial improvement from step 1?

10 points, is updating SF match profile sufficient? Thanks!

So, I called SF match and confirmed that they will distribute your score report to programs if you send it to them. Still have to snail mail, no way to do it online. I did this and updated my profile...still not sure if anyone will see it, but I guess it's the best bet.

Thank you napo1eon, i guess i'll do the same... not sure if its going to help at this points, but maybe worth a try :)

Thank you napo1eon, i guess i'll do the same... not sure if its going to help at this points, but maybe worth a try :)

Hey tomato basil, I am trying to get in touch with you regarding switch UCSD interview date. I left a message in your conversation inbox.