Step 3 help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluemagik5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an unmatched IMG currently studying for step 3. I finished uworld the other day (did 5 blocks a day for 8 days) with an overall average of 55% (first time). My homies that are currently in residency indicate that this is very good considering I haven't done an intern year as of yet. In addition, they keep telling me that passing step 3 will significantly increase my chances of matching. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am an unmatched IMG currently studying for step 3. I finished uworld the other day (did 5 blocks a day for 8 days) with an overall average of 55% (first time). My homies that are currently in residency indicate that this is very good considering I haven't done an intern year as of yet. In addition, they keep telling me that passing step 3 will significantly increase my chances of matching. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
Im in the same boat as you!
I’m taking mine in 3 weeks and my first time pass was 61%.
People tell me exact same thing that blah blah passing step 3 will significantly increase my chance of matching. Do you have a date set up yet? It’s good to take it and get the results before ERAS opens....that’s why I’m taking it mid August...

That's awesome! I'm glad to know that I am not the only only one in the same boat. I really hope they are right about it being something that will help us match. I actually do have a date set up. I'm taking it the last week of August and should have the results the week ERAS opens up to programs to start downloading our applications.

Same boat as you two. Hopefully going to give it and get results before ERAS opens.
Going through my marked questions then going to get back into ccs cases and do a uw practice test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay..We got this! Hopefully we pass and can continue the journey. The past few months since match day...I have felt so down and useless. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel guys...we will reach it!

That's awesome! I'm glad to know that I am not the only only one in the same boat. I really hope they are right about it being something that will help us match. I actually do have a date set up. I'm taking it the last week of August and should have the results the week ERAS opens up to programs to start downloading our applications.
Same boat as you two. Hopefully going to give it and get results before ERAS opens.
Going through my marked questions then going to get back into ccs cases and do a uw practice test.

Yay..We got this! Hopefully we pass and can continue the journey. The past few months since match day...I have felt so down and useless. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel guys...we will reach it!

I felt the same way! It really sucks not matching. I hope that all three of us can match so we can move forward with our careers!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah it certainly sucks but we're almost there. I have very little motivation to study for this exam but I'm pushing.

Yeah it certainly sucks but we're almost there. I have very little motivation to study for this exam but I'm pushing.

I feel ya. I started studying about 3 weeks ago and trying to get all this stuff in because I didn’t have any motivation after I didn’t match. I’m having a little issues with CCS because it’s all new to me. Guess I just have to keep pushing.

I feel ya. I started studying about 3 weeks ago and trying to get all this stuff in because I didn’t have any motivation after I didn’t match. I’m having a little issues with CCS because it’s all new to me. Guess I just have to keep pushing.
For CCS...besides uworld I also added ccscases which is a website where u pay one time fee and practice 100 cases. Look it up. It’s not perfect but at least it gives you more exposure to cases and you pick up things. I personally, did the cases one time and redoing uworld ccs. I’ll read crush ccs as well and that will be it.
Make sure you practice the cases from the nbme website (6 total)
I’m sure that residency would have helped with ccs but we have to work with what we got. Sign.
Edit: I also did archer videos just because I wasn’t exactly sure how to navigate the software and he does a good job at explaining the basics

Thank you for the info. I actually got ccscases a while ago. Heard they were decent for more practice after uworld. I’m on the 41 practice uworld cases now before starting the actual cases. Seems like it’s helping a decent amount looking at stuff that needs to be ordered. Just so ready for this to be over.

We are all in the same boat.
you guys wanna do a skype group for CCS?
my exam is in 3 weeks as well. im 92% through uworld at 54% .I should finish it tommorrow.