Step 3 day 1 vs day 2... take it separately? biostats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reggiano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating moving my Day 2 about 2 weeks after my Day 1. Mainly because I'm struggling to find time outside of work to do UW questions and at my current rate of studying, I won't be able to work through the CCS cases and familiarize myself with the software. I know people say it only takes a few days to review CCS and the software, but my anxiety right now is not going to allow all that cramming. Also I get extreme post-test fatigue, need several days to recuperate, and cannot even imagine that I can go into Day 2 right after Day 1.

Questions:
1) does anyone think this is a terrible idea?
2) is BIOSTATS only on Day 1? or does it also show up on Day 2 ACM questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Take it the next day or a few days after and get it over with, 98 percent of people pass and you can miss a ton and pass easily, good luck

Biostats and any other subject shows up on both days - as far as I'm aware. Taking a break in between days is fine IMO.

Personally I didn’t have any biostats on day 2 and haven’t ever heard anything to the contrary.

My recommendation is 1-3 days in between. Get it over with, remember on prior tests how much time had to be spent studying to get a single point. Be ready for CCS on day 1 so those days in between you won’t be pressured with time to practice/learn something you’ve never seen. Just my $0.02, YMMV.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm contemplating moving my Day 2 about 2 weeks after my Day 1. Mainly because I'm struggling to find time outside of work to do UW questions and at my current rate of studying, I won't be able to work through the CCS cases and familiarize myself with the software. I know people say it only takes a few days to review CCS and the software, but my anxiety right now is not going to allow all that cramming. Also I get extreme post-test fatigue, need several days to recuperate, and cannot even imagine that I can go into Day 2 right after Day 1.

Questions:
1) does anyone think this is a terrible idea?
2) is BIOSTATS only on Day 1? or does it also show up on Day 2 ACM questions?
First of all I would like to make that clear that my step 3 experience was and will be very different than yours since I was at full time studying.
I would suggest that you must solve all the uw ccs at least once in order to familiarize yourself with the ccs enviroment. If you are unable to do that before your first day, I think that you ve got no other choice than separating your exam days by as many days as you need to cover uw ccs.
However I strongly recommend your exam days being close (no more than 2-3 days apart).
Regarding the biostats questions, my exam tested heavily the biostats section on day 1 but had no questions at all on day 2.