Step 3 before October 21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreya_v95

Reaction score
Hello, I just gave my step 2 CK and I’m not satisfied with my score. I’m terrified of applying without USCE’s( they were canceled due to covid)
So I figured I would give Step 3 to spice up my application
can I study for it in two months? I will be certified only in September probably. Could I realistically book my exam after I get certified and still give it by sept end latest?
any advice would be appreciated. many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my score back today. And I passed with 2 months of studying. I’d recommend UWorld + UWorld Biostatistics. I just graduated medical school and I can tell you there were a lot of mcq questions that I was 50/50 on because I lacked clinical experience. Overall it wasn’t too bad.

I just got my score back today. And I passed with 2 months of studying. I’d recommend UWorld + UWorld Biostatistics. I just graduated medical school and I can tell you there were a lot of mcq questions that I was 50/50 on because I lacked clinical experience. Overall it wasn’t too bad.
Thank you for replying! Congrats on passing! You’re done with all the steps you can relaxxx now.
so because I’m a non us img, I was hoping my step 3 score would boost my interview chances a bit. I’m disappointed in my CK score as I expected a little more, I’m kinda making up for this.
What would you say is a good step 3 score for PD’s?

I can’t really answer that question for you but ideally you wanna do well on it. As long as you pass it you can show PD that you can focus your energy on residency. However if you don’t pass it that’s going to look really bad because you won’t have a chance to retake it before the start of the next cycle.