step 2ck timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
to anyone who has taken the step 2ck.
how is the timing worked out.
what happens if you take too long of a break. your break total is over 1 hout. does it take away from the time you have for the last block?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You have 9 hours to do a 15 minute tutorial, finish 8 hour-long blocks, and squeeze 45 minutes of break time where you choose. You can get an extra 15 minutes of break by skipping the tutorial. Every minute of break that you go over your allotted time is a minute that you take away from the last block. I don't recommend going over. By the last block you will feel whipped, and you don't want any disadvantages on the final stretch. I found that short breaks work well to recharge, but if I took too long of a break I would start to lose momentum.

As for lunch, take it when you are hungry. I tried to do two blocks consecutively if I had the energy. I think I did 2 blocks, 5 minute break, 1 block, 5 minute break, 2 blocks, then lunch. This left me with only 3 blocks to go after lunch. But you should do what works best for you.

when would you recommend taking lunch?
My strategy was to sign out after every 2 blocks, and if I was hungry at the time, I would eat something quick, like my bagel w/cream cheese and a smoothie. I would not allocate say 20-30 min just for lunch...just take 10-15 min to refuel/rehydrate, and sign back in. Spacing out your breaks evenly as such may be more effective. Of course, last week when I took my test I had to take an unplanned bathroom break after Block 1. But other than that, it was basically 2 blocks at a time. To reiterate, no designated lunch break. At least for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
heard your not allowed to skip through the tutorial anymore and get the extra time with the new FRED software./

I took a break every 2 blocks. Second break I was hungry so I had my lunch. I think I did a pit stop in the ladies room on every break, can't remember very well. My reason for taking a break every 2 blocks is back pain; I had to get out of that chair and stretch my back and legs. Worked out well. For the tutorial, I just hit the "Next" triangle button over and over until I got to the end, then ended the block.

For the tutorial, I just hit the "Next" triangle button over and over until I got to the end, then ended the block.
An even faster way is just clicking "End Block" on the side margin. Don't forget to calibrate your monitor though. By the time you start Block 1, you should still have 59 min of break time left.