Step 2CK (Important for Path?) Just curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted113029

I know CK is pretty important for IM and Surgery, but for some reason I cannot believe it's important for path. I understand management of the patient is critical and pathologists ultimately decide what happens to the patient (based on Dx), but not once in my interviews has CK been brought up. Oh well, off to study I go...T minus 4 weeks.

Good luck to all who will take CK soon.:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I know CK is pretty important for IM and Surgery, but for some reason I cannot believe it's important for path. I understand management of the patient is critical and pathologists ultimately decide what happens to the patient (based on Dx), but not once in my interviews has CK been brought up. Oh well, off to study I go...T minus 4 weeks.

Good luck to all who will take CK soon.:luck:

It can be important if the programs see your score before they submit their rank lists.

My advice...if you did well on Step 1, pay $50 for a 3 month extension and take it when the scores won't matter.

are you an IMG? then I would try hard on step 2 ck

Members don't see this ad :)
It can be important if the programs see your score before they submit their rank lists.

My advice...if you did well on Step 1, pay $50 for a 3 month extension and take it when the scores won't matter.

Hey AM, did any of your ranked programs require CK before ROL/match? (specifically BWH ;) ) Also, do you think a score of >260 will improve chances of matching if one had a step 1>250?

Soopa...the answer is no.

Hey AM, did any of your ranked programs require CK before ROL/match? (specifically BWH ;) ) Also, do you think a score of >260 will improve chances of matching if one had a step 1>250?

The answer to your first question is no.

The second question, I believe, is a rhetorical question. Of course a score of >260 on step 2 will help you even in the context of having a step 1 score of above 250. That's kinda like saying that a score of 300 on step 2 will improve your chances if you scored a 290 on step 1. Catch my drift?

Your step 1 is only ">250"? You definitely need to get >260 or >270 on step 2 to have any hope of mathing at one of the American Journal of Surg Path's top 20 pathology programs.

Cheers.

The answer to your first question is no.

The second question, I believe, is a rhetorical question. Of course a score of >260 on step 2 will help you even in the context of having a step 1 score of above 250. That's kinda like saying that a score of 300 on step 2 will improve your chances if you scored a 290 on step 1. Catch my drift?

yes. thanks for the input. (i was under the assumption that a step 2 score will not play a part if it is similar to my step 1 score...as one of my administrative staff said to me recently. This was the reason I asked my question in the first place.)

pathstudent...thanks for your input :rolleyes:

I know there is debate but it didn't matter for me. I took the step 2CK and CS in the same week and it was a relief knowing they were done