Step 2 score report delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying anesthesiology with a step 1 of 234. I'm making a late decision to switch into anesthesiology, and unfortunately the only rotation my school has available for gas is in June; I had already scheduled my Step II for CK.

I was thinking about taking off the month of July, and taking the exam ~July 21-25. I noticed on the USMLE site, it says, "If you need to receive Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) scores before August 29, 2018, the USMLE program recommends that you take the exam no later than June 24, 2018.

Necessary modifications to the test item pool will result in a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of June 24, 2018. The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of June 24 through mid-August will be Wednesday, August 29, 2018.

For more information, examinees should refer to the full announcement on the USMLE website."

It seems that there is this mid-summer delay every year. How accurate is this August 29 reporting day though? If I take it late July, will I definitely have my score by 9/15?

Members don't see this ad.