Step 2 release as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiologicaldynasty

Reaction score
Hello DO student applying to rads here. Got plenty of interviews with just Step 1 but also took Step 2 and did not release it because it was 11 points lower than my STEP 1 ( in the 250s). I have great scores on COMLEX 1 and COMLEX 2 which I have released. Passed the COMLEX PE.

Should I withhold the scores to not drop on rank lists or submit in order to make sure I am ranked by programs unfamiliar with the COMLEX? Am I overthinking this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a DO and applied only to allopathic programs. I held mine until I found out that at least one program that I applied to wanted the score prior to final ranking. I dropped 10pts. High 250s to high 240s. As a pgy-5 now, my opinion is they don’t care too much about 10 point drops. Good step 1 + being someone that’s easy to work with/good personality is what they are looking for. If some of the programs you applied to want the score, just release it and don’t think twice about it.

I ended up submitting the score before submitting my rank order list. Matched my #1.

Reactions: 2 users