Other Step 2 CS scheduling - please help

Discussion in 'Internship, Residency and Fellowship Positions' started by helpCSplease, May 15, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. helpCSplease

helpCSplease

May 15, 2017
    Dear all,

I kindly ask you to read my post and please see if you can help me.
    I am applying for Ophthalmology this summer, but I desperately need help!
    I am an IMG, so I need to get the ECFMG certificate before applying - this means that I need to have step 2 CS passed and the ECFMG certificate by the end of December. As you know, Ophthalmology match is in the first week of January :/ I tried to schedule step 2 CS but I was just able to schedule it for September 20th - this means that my score will come after matching and, therefore, I won't be able to match! :( :(
    Can someone PLEASE help me?
    I would really really appreciate. I know that for US students CS is not a requirement, so I ask you to please kindly consider my request. If you could please try to switch with me, I would be very very grateful.

Sincerely,
    I

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. normsO

normsO 2+ Year Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Hi, have you considered contacting some of those people who are able to help in scheduling CS dates? It's a possible option.

4. OTOSwap

OTOSwap

Apr 2, 2017
    This is the wrong forum

5. helpCSplease

helpCSplease

May 15, 2017
    Thanks! What do you mean by these people that help with step 2 CS scheduling? Sorry, I am not aware of it! Thanks

6. Major procrastinator

Major procrastinator

Dec 9, 2016
    first of all relax. It is very easy to get a CS date a few days from now. Just add the extention check4change on mozilla and pick a center, soon as a spot opens up it will play a song. Usually takes 1-2 days to get a spot. tons of people do this so relax, including myself.

AshNiffler and geoffreyy like this.