Step 2 CS - question on note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ultane123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys -

for those who have taken and passed the test, can you list CBC and electrolytes as seperate items (seperate lines) on your diagnostic plan? what about xray and CT?

thanks

u.

PS - how much did you other U.S. 4th year medical students study? people say 1-2 days to none at all (is this really true?)

Members don't see this ad.

My exam is on Thursday. I just really started going over cases yesterday (sat). So basically I'll just be preparing for 5 days, not 5 full days since I start a new rotation tomorrow and will be gone from at least 8-5. I hope this is enough time.

I've gone over most of the USMLE world cases and will go over the cases in First Aid. I'm not really practicing writing the notes or physical exam b/c thats just something I do pretty much everday at the hospital.

I hope that the way I'm preparing by just going over cases and not practicing note writing or physical exam maneuvers is good enough to just pass the exam.

hey guys -

for those who have taken and passed the test, can you list CBC and electrolytes as seperate items (seperate lines) on your diagnostic plan? what about xray and CT?

thanks

u.

PS - how much did you other U.S. 4th year medical students study? people say 1-2 days to none at all (is this really true?)

Oh about your question, from what I've read I think you can place CBC and BMP on separate lines but you might put in parenthesis what you are looking for with each of the tests (Hb for anemia in CBC, Calcium level in CMP, etc)

I took CS in July and passed. I listed everything separately. I was also told to be specific...say sodium or calcium levels instead of just BMP so they know what you're looking for.

I took the test 6 days after CK, and read most of First Aid. I probably studied 4-5 days, but it was mostly while watching TV:) The practice cases in the back are pretty good if you have a partner to help you study.

The test isn't so bad...it's the wait for the results that's killer!!!

Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
You can say electrolytes. You can say CBC. You can put them on different lines, or on the same line. You can put 3 different X-ray modalities on one line if you want. Seriously, it's nothing to sweat.

You can say electrolytes. You can say CBC. You can put them on different lines, or on the same line. You can put 3 different X-ray modalities on one line if you want. Seriously, it's nothing to sweat.

How long did you prepare for, IbnSina?

I read the books in maybe 4 hours. The day before and morning of, since I had to drive 2 hours to the center, and didn't want to risk getting in ATL traffic, I sat in their parking lot for about 2 hours before the test. The first aid book is all you need, really.

I read the books in maybe 4 hours. The day before and morning of, since I had to drive 2 hours to the center, and didn't want to risk getting in ATL traffic, I sat in their parking lot for about 2 hours before the test. The first aid book is all you need, really.

Thank You, Dr. Shenobi :thumbup:

I just wanted to say that if one studies for "four hours" for this test doesn't mean you can study four hours for it and pass. Don't take the test lightly or it can bite you in the arse. If you go through First Aid, especially the cases in the back of the book, you should be fine. Going over the minicases wont hurt either.

Good luck.

I just wanted to say that if one studies for "four hours" for this test doesn't mean you can study four hours for it and pass. Don't take the test lightly or it can bite you in the arse. If you go through First Aid, especially the cases in the back of the book, you should be fine. Going over the minicases wont hurt either.

Good luck.
+1, I guess I should have said that it only took 4 hours for me to read that book. Carry on.