Step 2 CS - Notes during exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeinated

Army Strong
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the testing center give you scratch paper to take notes on during the encounter? Or are you expected to just do the history, physical, and counseling without writing it down, then record it all after you leave the room?

Members don't see this ad.

They give you 12 sheets of paper at the beginning of the day for use during each encounter. They are numbered 1-12. They take the sheet for that room (along with your patient note) away from you after each encounter.

The center privudes each examinee with 12 sheets of paper, that the examinee is free to reference until the entire 25 minute encounter is complete. They only allow each examinee one sheet of paper per encounter, though it's unlikely you'll need more than one. They also do not allow you to write anything on the sheets until the encounter begins (you're not even allowed to scribble to make sure that the pen they gave you works!)

So I finally got CS behind me. Hopefully I will get the notice in a few weeks that I passed. This was among the top 3 most absurd things I have been forced to endure during my medical training. If our student representation in the AMA really wanted to take on an issue that affects our professional lives, they would fight to have this test abolished.