Step 2 cs easy, but not a cakewalk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kas-nyc

Reaction score
I got my results yesterday, and phew passed! Somehow I just wanted to dispel some myths that people say, that this is some English exam and you can walk through it blindfolded and still pass. It’s definitely the easier of all the 3 exams, but don’t be fooled. Do practice, time management is key. Type up the pn atleast 15 times before you go for the exam. Some of the cases r a lot more vague than FA leads u to believe. I definitely had a case that was not mentioned in FA or the usmle website. But relax, you can mess up a few ddx, forget to counsel, miss some key PE(which I def did, eg. dint do rinne /webber for a hearing loss case, among many others) and still pass.
What I did: I just did FA and csevideos (useful esp for imgs, not absolutely necessary tho). Practised about 10 cases, did not have a live partner till the day before exam. But I did type up all the cases in FA. Smile and be friendly, but don’t overdo it. Be respectful with draping, always consent before the PE, summarise, ask if they have any questions and counsel if needed. Before the exam, I read the Bible, prayed, took a deep breath and just pretended there was no way I could fail as the stats r in my favour, and I guess that helped me with the confidence. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users