Step 2 CS Confirmation Notice Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilac899

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled to take CS this week and I just realized that my confirmation notice has a different address listed on it than my driver's license. I know that they get very strict about your name matching exactly between your permit and license (which is fine in my case), but has anyone else had any experience with an address difference? I just changed my address on the NBME site, but it won't go into effect until the next business day at least. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm scheduled to take CS this week and I just realized that my confirmation notice has a different address listed on it than my driver's license. I know that they get very strict about your name matching exactly between your permit and license (which is fine in my case), but has anyone else had any experience with an address difference? I just changed my address on the NBME site, but it won't go into effect until the next business day at least. Thanks!

Call them directly to confirm. Don't rely on hearsay. Otherwise it would be an unpleasant surprise on test day. Good luck.

When I took the Step 1, my address was definitely different and it wasn't a problem. However, I haven't yet taken the Step 2 CS. You can also use your passport as identification, which isn't going to have your address anyways.

I have a driver's license from a different state than the one I'm living in (no point in switching residency, because it doesn't help with my tuition at all), and I've never had issues with the address on my DL.