USMLE Step 1 review for Step 2CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perfect Hair Day

Grapes of Wrath, Chocolate Ice Cream, Johnny Cash.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do people generally touch-back upon their notes/review books from Step 1 when preparing for Step 2CK? I took excellent notes, heavily annotated FA for Step 1, and feel like I have forgotten a lot of the basics underlying the information from UW Step 2CK, other Step2CK resources. Wondering if I am wasting my time going back and re-learning from Step 1 material (and I totally get that different things will work for different people) but I'm wondering if this is something other people have done in their prep for Step 2CK.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not worth the time as long as you did decently on step 1.

I personally made a 219 on step 1, and had no idea how to study for it. For step 2, all I did was Uworld step 2 ck twice, and made a 254. Focus way more on step 2 stuff, that’s where the money is.

Reactions: 1 users
i'll start my step 2ck prep soon, i gave step 1 recently and got a decent score. i believe that if you endorsed your medical knowledge with step 1 why loosing it, you have spent so much time annotating your FA and learning all the mechanisms... step 2ck is centered around the patient care but the best way to learn treatment protocols is to go back to the root and to understand well the disease !

Just prepare for Step 2 CK as an independent test. Don’t look back at your Step 1 notes. It can be useful to cross reference FA for Step 1 for UW and NBME Step 2 questions you get wrong, however, as FA for Step 2 CK is not terribly well put together.