BOTH Step 1 Podcast/Advice USMLE 259 COMLEX 681

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevenejohnson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am a 4th year at a DO school in SoCal headed into EM next year. I posted my scores in the title since that seems like how to get people to care about your post on SDN lol. I started a Step 1 podcast to help out with studying. So far I only have 3 episodes up on my blog site. I will publish them all so that they will be available on podcasting apps after I have amassed a good amount of episodes. The first episode is too long but I think covers congenital adrenal hyperplasia pretty well. The other two episodes are a much better length and cover what you will need to know for acid base problems on Step 1. The goal is to keep them around 15 min so you can listen on your drive or a run or whatever.

The format of the podcast is open with a question go through some tips for how to tackle questions on test day and then go through the basic science stuff on whatever the topic was. I want to just cover big picture stuff that will be high yield on test day.

I plan on getting out 2 episodes a month. I would also love to help with any questions that people have about studying or whatever. Let me know if there is a specific topic that you want me to cover.

http://sbsfs.blogspot.com/

Members don't see this ad.

I used firecracker for all of 2nd year. Along with that I basically used Uworld, Pathoma, and Picmonic. In my opinion the majority of big resources out there are good and if you actually know the material in any of them you will destroy the tests. I find that the issues most people run into is jumping around between too many resources and never actually finishing one or they choose a resource that doesn't fit with their learning style. For me flashcards and videos have always worked the best. So I knew that reading First Aid cover to cover would be a waste of my time, since I wouldn't remember any of it. If you have been performing well in med school think about the types of resources you have been using to do that and choose the same style of resource to study for step. If your med school performance is not where you want it to be try studying for a few tests using a new type of resource and see which ones seem to work best for you.