Statistically speaking, Do I have a chance of getting in this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deddy117

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did all of my prerequisites at CC and got a 4.0. I took the DAT and got 19aa/ts with a 20 and 21 in chemistry and organic chemistry respectively and an 18 in PAT. I originally wanted to be a dentist but I shadowed some podiatrist and enjoyed just as much if not more. I have completed 3 semesters at a university taking upper level science courses such as biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, cell biology, etc and have around a 3.9 GPA. I have one more semester at the university taking more upper level science courses.

What do you think of my chances in schools that take the DAT such as NYCPM or temple?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I say yes! I had 19AA 19TS and 21PAT 3.4sGPA/cGPA applied to Temple in Feb and was accepted in Feb. I'm not sure if NYCPM accepts too many with DAT scores... I only applied to Temple because I had heard they weren't accepting DAT scores anymore. I think they're phasing out DAT scores now. In my interview at Temple my interviewer told me that they like having applicants with DAT scores and that they don't plan on phasing them out any time soon.

Are you talking about the application cycle starting in August of this year?

If I were you, I would def. take the MCAT since you will have time to. For one thing, like Fut said, only Temple takes the DAT. Also, depending on who u get as an interviewer, your DAT could be a problem. My friend took the DAT and applied to Dental school last year but didn't get in. During her interview, the interviewer was very skeptical about why she wanted to do Podiatry when she took the DAT and applied to Dental school and stuff. They seem to think that she was using Podiatry as a backup plan.