State medical licensing companies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TooMuchResearch

i'm goin' to Kathmandu...
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They charge about $500-600 per state. They say they handle all the paperwork after the purchaser provides a CV, then send for signatures. Claim they can expedite things.

Anyone use a company like this?
Experiences / worth the cost?
Amy other thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard about these things; but I would use such a service if I needed it.
I haaate endless paperwork.

I know someone who used a company for their Florida license.
I think $600 would be worth it. It certainly takes more than 3 hours of my time to get it done.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used them to get two licenses. Worth it to not have to make endless phone calls and chase documents. Sorry, it's just not worth the stress or my time.

Reactions: 1 users
Because all that that service does is provide your credentials. It doesn't help you with any other aspect of each state's licensure.
What do you mean? Don't they make calls for you, getting your med school transcript and other paperwork needed and send them to medical board?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean? Don't they make calls for you, getting your med school transcript and other paperwork needed and send them to medical board?
FCVS provides proof that you graduated med school and residency. No more.

Most states have paperwork that goes way beyond that.

Lol, no. Not even close. They're just an online portfolio of documents. They won't call anyone for you.

A few phone calls with follow up email does not necessitate a $600+ Fee. I’ll pass

If you're a new grad and you have no history, cool.

Once you've been credentialed at multiple hospital systems and have multiple medical licenses, it turns into a giant pain in the ass.

Every hospital you've had credentials at and every medical board you've licensed through has to vouch for you.

Oh, you were a licensed phlebotomist when you were 19 years old, 15 years ago, in a state 3,000 miles away? The medical boards want a notarized form filled out and signed by the state board of phlebotomy before they'll process your application. And that office is open 2 days a week from 9 AM - noon. Good luck tracking that down.

If you're a new grad and you have no history, cool.

Once you've been credentialed at multiple hospital systems and have multiple medical licenses, it turns into a giant pain in the ass.

Every hospital you've had credentials at and every medical board you've licensed through has to vouch for you.

Oh, you were a licensed phlebotomist when you were 19 years old, 15 years ago, in a state 3,000 miles away? The medical boards want a notarized form filled out and signed by the state board of phlebotomy before they'll process your application. And that office is open 2 days a week from 9 AM - noon. Good luck tracking that down.

Exactly this.
I'd rather give them the 600 bucks and spend the time playing golf.

I love how one of my hospitals got annoyed by calling the jobs I had on my CV and said "you know, most people don't list all the unpaid jobs".
Well, I guess I won't either.
I basically list as little as possible. I don't lie, but I don't offer up everything anymore. It's too annoying.

I love how one of my hospitals got annoyed by calling the jobs I had on my CV and said "you know, most people don't list all the unpaid jobs".
Well, I guess I won't either.
I basically list as little as possible. I don't lie, but I don't offer up everything anymore. It's too annoying.
Can you clarify a little bit more? Do you leave off hospitals you've worked prn at or just leave off old volunteer type stuff?

I typically only list hospitals I work at "full time", which leaves a lot of the 2 shifts a month places off.
I also don't list any volunteer/unpaid stuff anymore.

Of course, the volunteer stuff is because often they call HR, and if you're not getting paid, HR is like "nope, doesn't work here".

I credentialed at a place, only worked one shifts, then noped out of there (had nothing else scheduled at that point). Only saw three (3!) patients in 12 hours.

Locums company was too much if a s***show. Figured I probably don't need to list that one.

They charge about $500-600 per state. They say they handle all the paperwork after the purchaser provides a CV, then send for signatures. Claim they can expedite things.

Anyone use a company like this?
Experiences / worth the cost?
Amy other thoughts?

I used a company called Physician Med Licensing Service (not sure if they are still around) for my TX and CO licenses several years back. It was a few hundred bucks and worth the trouble for me as they basically did everything for me and made all the phone calls, etc.. If the state you're interested in is within the IMLC, then I'm not sure I would bother as it looks much more easy to do these days if you are within the IMLC. Contrary to what someone said earlier on this forum, you do not have to have a suit free record to obtain a license through the compact.