Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have be come interested in Stanfords program. I know that it is different in some ways, but on this forum it has been critisized. From what I have read it really isn't important what level of degree you have, as long as you are profeciant. so is Stanfords/ FOothill community College's program a bad choice. It sounds kinda similiar to the Uof W Medex program, except fo length.

Members don't see this ad.

the uw/medex program is a much better program. it was the 2nd program ever, has very high standards and a great selection of rotations. the stanford program is basically a primary care program regardless of what their students may say. they have a very limited # of rotation sites and until recently were the shortest program in the country because you only did 1 rotation(total) in family medicine for 3 months.they also train nurse practitioner students so there is a nurse vs non-nurse competition going on because the nurses get dual pa/np certification for doing the same course of study.