Stanford Forensic Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reca

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw on reddit that the PD at Stanford's forensic psychiatry fellowship got fired. Comment section has someone saying they heard a rumor it was due to an ACGME complaint. Do any of the fine people on this forum know anything about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Saw on reddit that the PD at Stanford's forensic psychiatry fellowship got fired. Comment section has someone saying they heard a rumor it was due to an ACGME complaint. Do any of the fine people on this forum know anything about this?
I'm surprised there's not more information on Reddit about this. Harder to get this info here.

Lol, I figured there's more forensic psychiatrists hanging out over here than on reddit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, that's the one. I was at APA today and there was a talk by the Stanford forensic division. The founding PD introduced one of the speakers as the "incoming program director" so looks like there has indeed been a change in leadership.

Its Stanford...
No longer can you assume there was a maybe justifiable reason.
Now trivial DEI Woke non-sense could be at play. Maybe was discovered a video without a mask during a review with a prisoner in jail before the national emergency was lifted? Maybe emails didn't include preferred pronouns?

Maybe misgendered a jail prisoner as their birth gender and that their attempts to identify as whatever were actually malingering and a ploy regarding their pending charges of XYZ. I can only imagine forensics now being pulled into the gender identity of prisoners as this now becomes a whole other level of malingered symptoms.

Or perhaps comments were made about the "unhoused" and a viable solution to this problem, that didn't fit the woke narrative of victim, victim, victim. Always aim for Gold in the Victim Olympics.

Its Stanford. Who knows.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I think OHSU is an often unrecognized gem.

Now trivial DEI Woke non-sense could be at play.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Was just a matter of when...

Now the curious thing will be how will the forensics field process these cases.
Develop complete malingering scales to opine professionally and say these folks go to male prison, these folks go to female prison?
I guess Ketanji Brown might get that definition of woman some day, and it'll be taught in forensics and law school...

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
If you get to determine your identity and if the law has to treat you by your identity it creates this complicated issue.

This is the problem with issues like this becoming political. People jump in headfirst without thinking. The gender issue's become so political people want their politicians to respond without understanding WTF is going on. Goes on with both political extremes. It's become a wedge issue both political divides could cash in on because of the histrionics it produces.

Me being political-Except for national defense, the economy, a balanced budget, education, public health, and crime, pretty much every time politicians try to get into these culture war BS it's almost always a waste of time.

This is why some people who consider themselves liberal and have for decades say very strongly they aren't "woke."

Isn't that what politics is supposed to do though? Help with establishing the distribution of resources or status, helping to advance the common good. Much of that is based on identity and groups that people belong to.

Even medical decisions, such as abortion, gender transitioning, or conversion therapy, which should be a decision made by doctor and patient, gets involved in politics because the "common good" is societally constructed.

Me being political-Except for national defense, the economy, a balanced budget, education, public health, and crime, pretty much every time politicians try to get into these culture war BS it's almost always a waste of time.
Except that all those issues also intersect with these "woke" topics of gender, sexuality, race, etc. so they have to address it if those who govern us want to be comprehensive and thorough in their approach.

Except that all those issues also intersect with these "woke" topics of gender, sexuality, race, etc. so they have to address it if those who govern us want to be comprehensive and thorough in their approach.

Everything intersects with everything. Gender intersects with several health issues. Problem is when they start putting more focus on gender, and the current culture war with it, more so than say preventable deaths and deal with the culture issue more than the practical issue we got what we got now.

I think OHSU is an often unrecognized gem.
I agree. of course the question is: do you get quality mentorship and do attorneys recognize the program. That's fixable by you.

Why are there these weird posts in this thread with a political or culturally offensive theme about transgendered people etc? Let's stick to STanford please