Stampede: RT for M1 PCA—> OS benefit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe talk to your urologists?
Seeing them is not the issue. More a matter of mixed messages. The medonc isn't convinced the side effects are worth the unclear benefit.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The main push back I get about stampede is that not all patients received abi or enza which would now be SoC. I still try to push for it but try to explain we can't rerun trials with every new thing but rather more as a proof of concept.

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing them is not the issue. More a matter of mixed messages. The medonc isn't convinced the side effects are worth the unclear benefit.

Maybe remind the med onc if they live longer that is more time to charge for systemic therapy

On my end, I have the opposite issue. More often I end up saying I think they are pushing the envelope too far with who they want me to see. It’s a great problem to have.

Reactions: 1 users
And any GBM treatment is palliative, but then again, it‘s a matter of perception and how you call things.

A patient newly diagnosed with GBM asked me this summer what the chance is the tumor will not come back. I said „practically 0%“. What would you say?

Though I generally agree with your sentiment, 16 years ago I treated a gentleman for GBM with 3DCRT, 2 resections, and 2 courses of SRS. I lost him to followup and thought he was dead. His wife came in for consult the other day and there he was. He is still working as a contractor.

So you just never know.

Reactions: 1 user
Though I generally agree with your sentiment, 16 years ago I treated a gentleman for GBM with 3DCRT, 2 resections, and 2 courses of SRS. I lost him to followup and thought he was dead. His wife came in for consult the other day and there he was. He is still working as a contractor.

So you just never know.

Agreed. It is very poor prognosis but we cannot and should not call GBM chance of cure 0%.

So you just never know.

Have the path reviewed ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Both resections confirmed GBM including review at outside institutions.
The plot thickens!

Although I understand your point, I presume you have seen more than 100 GBM patients in your career. And this is the only example, you can think of, making the odds to survive a GBM <1%, which "practically" means 0%, :)

Reactions: 1 user
Every oncologist has a story about a miracle. Some are true, some are not. They keep us going